|Struwwelpeter Hoechst Porcelain
|Zeitgeist and Tradition
Marked with the Mainz wheel, H�chst Porcelain has been manufactured for more than 260 years.
Founded in 1746 with a manufacturer's privilege grant from the Archbishop and Crown Prince of Mainz,
Johann Friedrich Carl von Ostein, H�chst Porcelain is the second oldest porcelain manufactory in Germany.
Our consistent advancement of contemporary porcelain art has lead to the exceptional beauty
and value of H�chst porcelain.
Connoisseurs world-wide consider H�chst Porcelain among the crowning
achievements in European porcelain art.
H�chst Porcelain Manufactory was founded in 1746 as the Electoral Manufactory of Mainz.
It is the second oldest porcelain manufactory in Germany and the only one in Hessen.
This privilege, along with a monopoly in the Principality of Mainz
was granted by the Crown Prince of Mainz, Johann Friedrich Carl von Ostein,
with this privilege came the prerequisite that H�chst Porcelain would keep the Mainz wheel as its trademark.
In 1977 the Dalberg House in Frankfurt-H�chst which was formerly owned by the Archbishop of Mainz,
Wolfgang von Dalberg, became the principal office of H�chst Porcelain Manufactory.
In 2002, production was moved to the "Porzellanhof";
a newly renovated historically protected industrial building, which dates back to 1906,
situated next to H�chst city park.
Struwwelpeter Hoechst Porcelain|